1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corner Setup - Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by nheather, May 7, 2005.

1. nheather

nheather
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,197
    I have a big room for my planned home cinema but unfortuately not much usable wall space.

After long consideration I am left with a corner as designed by the builders (where the TV is at the moment), or above the fireplace.

Neither are ideal.

The over fireplace lends itself to the best speaker arrangement good viewing for one seating area but not great for other seating area. Also it puts the screen a little high up.

The corner gives the best comprise for viewing from each of the seating areas but it is very tight and I can't work out where the speakers should go.

Can you offer any advice or suggest some websites which give some recommendations for corner setups.

Cheers,

Nigel

2. gil2

gil2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have the same prob nheather , i dont think there is a magic cure for the corner syndrome , fact is your ears and eyes want harmony , ie left right centre at equal distance from the screen , which just isnt possible sometimes , the best i can do is adjust the volume per speaker to try and balance out distance differences , its not an ideal solution but best i have found to the problem

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I'm the same as gil2 in having to compromise as my right speaker is three times as far away from the screen as the left one.