1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corner Room Speaker Placement

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by paulhulatt, Jul 19, 2005.

1. paulhulatt

paulhulatt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have my new DLP rear-projection screen on order so it's time to get my 5.1 speakers setup properly for the first time since we moved into this house.

Unfortunately, this room also has to double as our main family living area complete with playpen for the twins! I have attached a plan of the current room layout and I'd be grateful for suggestions of where to put each speaker for the optimal 5.1 soundstage for this difficult room! I am not adverse to moving furniture around if required but and structural modifications (eg, remove fireplace!) is out!

Thanks in advance

Paul.

[​IMG]

2. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    I'm having to use a corner arrangement at the moment which is roughly superimposed over your image on the attachment.

Red is L&R stereo pair, potentially wall mounted since you've got kids. I've pointed mine out slightly
    Yellow is centre speaker although with such a corner arrangement you can get by without one.
    Green is rear speakers - di/bipoles work well in these locations.

If you can cope with going for 6/7 channels then the blue corner is the place to put them. :)

Attached Files: