1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corner Projector Placement

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by silentbob, Nov 11, 2004.

1. silentbob

silentbob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    OK, I'm only beginning to start into the wonderful world of video projectors, but I am already convinced that this is the direction I would like to head in.

So, the questions start forming. My problem is that if at all possible I would like to tuck my projector in the corner of a room directed towards the middle (the offset from the centre would be about 3-4 feet).

What I want to know is, is it even possible for this setup to work without horrific image distortion. Secondly (depending on the answer to the first question I guess) - is there a projector in the sub £1600 range that will do the job?

Many thanks in advance.

2. SanPedro

SanPedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +503
    Sony HS20 will do the job. As to whether it looks good will be up to you to decide. Keystone correction will distort and soften the image. If the angle is very acute then the distortion will be much greater.

Try getting a demo and asking if they can angle the image to one side so you can see what the distortion is like.

how far from the screen will the PJ be?

Chris

3. silentbob

silentbob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Probably around 15-17feet - which is going to be another concern I guess (although reducing the accuteness of the angle). I'm still having difficulty envisioning lens shifting and whether it is any use in these situations - I presume a combination of both techniques (keystoning as well) will produce the results I am after.

I guess you're right though, I'm not to expect sparkling results in the same vein as a head-on angle.

4. SanPedro

SanPedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +503
    Being further back will reduce the amount of keystone you need to add to the image as the angle will be less acute.

Chris