• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Corner Mounting ???

Marcus D

Hi All

Just about to order my 1st plasma a 42 Panny but have an odd shaped living room. There is a wall with a projecting pier of about 450mm , forming a 90 degree (ish) corner where I would like to mount the screen.

Does anyone know of a suitable bracket ???

Cheers

Marcus

Marcus D

Thanks for the prompt response - a tad pricey though !!! What would be ideal would be for a bracket that once the screen is fitted forms a triangle on plan with the two shortest sides fitted to the masonry and the longest side taking the screen - I hope this is clear???? Is there any way of posting a scetch on here to explain this ??

Ta

Marcus

Alun

I know what you mean with longest right angle bit.

Could you not Build something into the corner yourself?

A bit of 20mm ply cut so that it forms the triangle, then a standard wall moiunt bracket attatched to it?

Marcus D

Good Idea just thought I would see if nything was available purpose made, mind you a good friend is a blacksmith!!!! I guess he will be getting a visit over xmas - All the best for the festive season

Marcus

Member 55145

Distinguished Member
did you get round to doing this in the end? my flat is quite small so im looking at putting my plasma in the corner, im pretty set on this vogels mount now so just wanted to know if things went well.

I have no idea about if the thing will hold tho as it looks very small and not enough sideways support for if you need to move the tv a bit for changing cables etc.

how long are the bolts? how do i know that i wont drill into my neighbours bathroom? do i need permission from the council? (im a tennant)

cheers

Marcus D

:smashin: Just an update on this but my friend who is a blacksmith ahs made a pukka corner mount for me and its stunning. Used a light guage section, nice a discrete looking, sturdy as hell, powder coated black to match panny - top job. Even caught 3 year old son hanging from bracket with both hands and no sign of any bracket of panny movement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Purpose made....the way to go especially as it only cost me £20 for materials, £25 for powder coat and £50 to the top top man that made it as a favour for me.

:) :) :D :D

KinkyAffro

:smashin: Just an update on this but my friend who is a blacksmith ahs made a pukka corner mount for me and its stunning. Used a light guage section, nice a discrete looking, sturdy as hell, powder coated black to match panny - top job. Even caught 3 year old son hanging from bracket with both hands and no sign of any bracket of panny movement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Purpose made....the way to go especially as it only cost me £20 for materials, £25 for powder coat and £50 to the top top man that made it as a favour for me.

:) :) :D :D

Means nothing to us and helps no-one without a pic :smashin: :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom