• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Corner Brackets for Sony HTSS1200s

WazKayani

Standard Member
Guys

Taken the plunge and bought the Sony HTSS1200s.....I want to mount the rears in the corner of the wall and just needed some advice..
1. My rear rights will be tucked in the corner and between the speaker and where I sit, is my computer desk with a TFT monitor between us. I plan to mount the speakers high on the wall and point them downwards to overcome this. Is this acceptable and will I still get true 5.1 sound?

And anyone know of any good brackets for these speakers which allow me to fix and move the speaker arounds easily. Ideally ones which I can put right in the corner...I need to mount two fronts and centre around the tele - any recommendations on mounts (small as poss) ?

Cheers

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
why wouldnt you get surround sound,if you mount your speakers>?
of course you will,and yes,the mounting position is fine..it might sound a bit high,as they are above you,(i mounted a set of speakers like that once,but kept looking up at them,when the effects were working,a bit offputting!)but still,it will be fine.

for brackets/mounts - http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5345007/Trail/searchtext>SPEAKER+BRACKETS.htm
£8.99 for a pair,and if they arent suitable,you can return them,for a refund,with no worries.

WazKayani

Standard Member
Mate - I remember reading somewhere that for optimum sound, the rears must be around head level on either side.
Thanks for the links - I'll mount and see how I get on.
Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom