coreavc now blanked use Cuda accel' since bios update P5N7A-VM

encaser

Hi all,
I recently updated the bios (0514) on my P5N7A-VM (which ironically uses a Cuda accel' flash screen) and since then I've lost the 'Use Cuda Acceleration' check box option within Coreavc V.1.95 and 2.0?
I have latest matroska/AC3 and FFDSHOW (with H264 disabled for video) installed and that's it. Am using WMP in Vista.
Would be greatful for any help here and/or solutions if others have had this problem.
Thanks in advance.

encaser

thanks for the reply Davey. Yeah i've tried both versions with restarts inbetween deletions/installs but still have blanked out cuda tabs.

Daveybryce

Novice Member
I don't own any nvidia cards or IGP boards. I guess you've gone into the BIOS to double check that CUDA is enabled (if it's an option there). I really don't know what to suggest.

Maybe you'll have to load in a previous bios version to get it back. Or try downloading the same bios version again and load the newly downloaded bios in as it could have been a corrupt sector.

encaser

I did look for a Cuda section in the bios but nothing new that i could see.
When I installed the new bios I do recall it updating as a series of block graphics and one wasnt fully coloured as the rest (about 2/3s along a line) but it passed through it so I thought that meant it was ok as windows has loaded ok. Is it possible that that block was in fact representing a corrupt block then? I appreciate this could be sheer speculation I'm asking for on your part.

Daveybryce

Novice Member
I'd hate to be in your shoes, I only ever update a BIOS if absolutely necessary, just incase of things like this. Try and flash the bios again with a new download that is what I would do. Are you doing this via software or via DOS? I would do it via the software as it will tell you if you can or can't do it again.

encaser

yeah i only updated cause of blue screens/assumed memory troubles. I was biting my gums whilst doing it. I used asus ezlash2 in the bios. First time i've ever done it as it gives me the fear.
Guess I'll have to try another go. May be go back one version.
Thanks any way Davey.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom