Core i7 on it's way out already!!

SteveU30

Distinguished Member

Brad8988

You know its just the certain CPU and not the socket? Core i7 is going to be here for along time for the ultra high end users.

anothadave

they knew about this nearly a year ago....

Intel Core i5 Benchmarked

was always their plan to have the i5. but as the name suggests its the midrange selection of cpus. core i7 wont be stopped. it will kept as the premium range. if they release the i5 and drop the price of the 965/975 to £200ish then there will be no need for the 920,940 or 950. the i5 chips will cover the sub £200 market. with the i7s as top of the range still.

makes sense , people after a cheaper pc can by the lower priced 1160 mobos with dual channel ram. kind of like when they had celeron and pentiums...

Houghsx

Distinguished Member
Glad I got mine when I did then. If the i5 is going to be a similar price as the current i7 then the i7 920 will soon be selling fast and the price could even go up?. Makes upgrading the i7 a little more difficult due to the price's of the new i7 range, but I think the 920 should last me a good few years.

Brad8988

Thats true. Upgrading is limited and expensive for awhile but tbh it will still be faster than any i5 set up so theres no need really.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom