Core 360 to HD display cable?

lonecub

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, could anyone tell me which cable to buy to link up my first generation core 360 to my hd display?

Muchas gracias

Or the VGA cable depending on TV and it's native resolution.

Hi again

My display only has a hd and hdmi input sockets?

Not sure any of those cables are sufficient

Last edited:
What does the "HD" socket look like? What is the make and model of the TV?

it's just a standard hd socket. it'c ompatible with my ps3

the big problem is the core 360, as it wasn't hd enabled. could i buy a cable that links the picture and sound from the 360 to an hdmi port on the display

it's a philips display, bought a year ago

I don't know what you mean by "HD socket" though, as you said it has "a HD and HDMI input sockets". Or did you just mean that all it has is HDMI?

The only signals that a non-HDMI 360 can put out are analogue and HDMI is digital, so unfortunately it's not as simple as buying a cable. You can buy a product like this: -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet®-Component-Converter-Supports-Lifetime/dp/B002C7CCJ6

That would accept a component input from your 360 and output it via a HDMI cable to your TV, but it's kinda pricey and doesn't include the component and HDMI cables that you would need. I'm not recommending that specific product BTW as I've never used it - it's just an example.

But are you 100% sure that your TV doesn't have other inputs capable of carrying a HD signal? No component? No VGA?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
lonecub said:
it's just a standard hd socket. it'c ompatible with my ps3

the big problem is the core 360, as it wasn't hd enabled. could i buy a cable that links the picture and sound from the 360 to an hdmi port on the display

it's a philips display, bought a year ago

The PS3 cable, would it happen to be yellow, red and white because that isn't an HD connection but composite and the worst possible connection you can use.

Are you sure it doesn't have component inputs (red/green/blue)?

If not and HDMI is your only choice then I'm afraid you will need to get a new 360 with HDMI output.

hey folks

thankyou for the response. sorry, i forgot i posted this

there is a dvi socket on the display

If it has a DVI socket then you might be able to use the 360 VGA cable and then use a VGA -> DVI adapter, all depends on whether the socket is digital only or if it can handle analogue as well.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom