• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

Cordless Phone

Varlesh

Standard Member
Please forgive me if I'm in the wrong thread for this particular question but I couldn't find any specific area.
The question is, are cordless phones ok situated near electrical equipment?

ie. Desktops, TVs etc.
If they're not ok, what problems do they cause?

I have mine next to the tv for convenience sake.

In the manuals it states they shouldn't be located near these appliances but doesn't explain for what reasons. Is it signals interfering with calls or something more complicated?
Does anyone have any info to enlighten me?
It would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

007geezer

Novice Member
Please forgive me if I'm in the wrong thread for this particular question but I couldn't find any specific area.
The question is, are cordless phones ok situated near electrical equipment?

ie. Desktops, TVs etc.
If they're not ok, what problems do they cause?

I have mine next to the tv for convenience sake.

In the manuals it states they shouldn't be located near these appliances but doesn't explain for what reasons. Is it signals interfering with calls or something more complicated?
Does anyone have any info to enlighten me?
It would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Yup! its purey for interference reasons, especially if it situated beside your wireless broadband router...its the same for wireless baby monitors.
Most folk place the phones were its handy and find no problems at all, but Manufacturers put these suggestions in to cover them.thats all!
Basically place it were you feel comfortable and if in a couple of days you find everything is working fine then just leave it were it is:hiya:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom