1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cordless Phone for landline use - Which one?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by alliwant, Jun 10, 2005.

1. alliwant

alliwant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello

We need a new cordless phone for our landline and have been supprised by how many cjoices there are? Does any one have any reccomendations or know of any cracking deals to be had?

2. jonathan

jonathan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Haven't had that much experience but tried a Panasonic set up a few years back but returned it as no way did it get anywhere near the 300m user distance (from base station) quoted. Since then have used BT diverse systems. Have had both 2000 & 3000 models with answerphones and they've been fine. When I needed to expand the systems I have bought off ebay. As there are no moving parts and are pretty bullet-proof you can't really go wrong at those prices. Hope this helps.
    Jonathan

3. Marcus D

Marcus D
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have had a phillips dect system with 3 hand sets for about 4 years now and cant fault it - the handset display is a bit old hat but the functionality is A1 (shared phone books between handsets or private to each, intercom to all, handsfree etc. The model is a 6626. I have got a web link somewhere for re-con sets etc. Let me know if you want it and will dig it out ;)

4. alliwant

alliwant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Marcus, yes if you could post a link that would be great...thanks

5. Marcus D

Marcus D
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi.

I tried several set ups and this (at the time )was the best setup for me. It was a Phillips Zenia 6626 base statiion with two seperate handsets (zenia). A doddle to register extra handsets too. Cant see my handsets any more but dont make my initial mistake of getting cheap (low end) phillips handsets that will not operate a 'shared' and 'private' phone book, other wise you will have to input the numbers in each handset manually if you want to use caller id etc. As prev message, these have been bullet proof units in my experience and have used them a circa 200m range with no probs. My handsets have an amplification switch to increase the volume which is also very useful. My two year old has put them through their paces too, with no problems !!!! They also have a 'baby sit' function which allows you to place a handset in the kids room and use it as a baby monitor, which automatically places the handset on silent ring (if you have kids). The best price I found was from DST , link below (if it works!). If not go to www.home-phones.co.uk and search for the model.

http://www.home-phones.co.uk/asp/pr...phillips,6626&recor=1&SearchFor=any&PT_ID=all

Just checked site and they are now half of what I paid !!!!! Base station is £17.99 + p&p Not sure if this includes the manual but I could always photocopy it and post it if needed

Good luck and let me know if you want anymore info

Marcus

:thumbsup:

6. alliwant

alliwant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers i will take a look, thanks for all your help

7. Mark Grant

Mark Grant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +171
  8. dickst3

dickst3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    My vote goes to the Siemens Gigaset E455 - we can't fault ours, superb phones.

Rich