Cordless Phone Connector

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by GadgetObsessed, Dec 19, 2001.

1. GadgetObsessed

GadgetObsessed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +911
    I recently saw a BT digital cordless phone that came with an additional cordless modem that you could connect to a PC via a USB port. The cordless phone and modem could then share use of the base station.

Does anyone know if there is a similar cordless (digital) phone sender that you could use to connect a Tivo or ITV Digital box to the phone line? i.e. something that enables you to plug in a cordless phone sender to something using a standard phone connector and can communicate with a base station connected to the BT phone line? My TV is nowhere near any phone point so I don't want to have to run a cable half way around the house.

2. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Yes

Have a look round the shops/search internet. I know of a unit which is simply a base station and cordless phone socket (no telephone handset supplied) manufactured by THOMSON - the same people who make tv/video.

It is priced at around £80. I think I might have seen in Argos or Dixons. I definately did see it in our regional electricity board shop (Nothern Electric).

Hope you can get fixed up.