• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Cordless DECT phone or corded phone for best sound?

greentea11

Established Member
Hi,
I was wondering if these cordless DECT phones offer a better sound quality or does it all depends on the quality of the phone line?
I need to record a phone interview that is why I need the best clear sound from a phone. I have a normal BT corded phone , I was wondering if getting one of those DECT phones will be better..

wiz

Distinguished Member
Surely corded is best. Your just introducing something else in the mix I.E the reception between the base station and the mobile unit that might interfere with the recording

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
The best quality will be direct from the phone line. If this is a 1 off, hire a Telephone Balance Unit from an AV company. This will give you a nice isolated and clean audio output and will also remove as much of your voice as you want from the signal as well. It's what radio stations use for transmitting phone-ins. About £15 - £30 per day to hire or £1200 to buy. Cheaper domestic versions are also available. Make sure whatever you use is transformer isolated from the phone line.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom