1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corded light wiring

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by paulphonak, Oct 15, 2004.

1. paulphonak

paulphonak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I changed the corded light housing in the bathroom. It turned out that one of the bedrooms' light would not work. Finally I finally got the bedroom's light to work by connecting the cables to the right connections. However, if I pull the bathroom's light on, the bedroom's light goes off! And vice versa. I cannot have both bathroom's and bedroom's lights on at the same time. All other lights in the house are working fine.

Note: From the ceiling there is an earth cable and three live cables.

So how can I solve the problem??

Paul

2. tykent

tykent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
  3. Alex Saunders

Alex Saunders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You need to buy a volt meter !. You will have one Perm live, a live going to your bed room and a live to switch for you bathroom light. you can get them to work by trial and error but the easy way is a maplin cheepo volt meter(always handy), then when you switch the switches you should get a + voltage, between the live and the neutrals that comes on and off with the switches and the live which will stay on all the time.

Have fun

Alex.