1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copyright

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Ian Hardy, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Ian Hardy

Ian Hardy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone tell me how i can make my name and copyright symbol permanent on my photos i am using Photoshop Elements 3.

Thanks

2. Johndm

Johndm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Guessing you want to prevent theft of you images on the www???

If so, just never put up any hi res copies.. :smashin:

3. tomson

tomson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +187
    People use low-res images without permission - not just high res ones.

never used elements but i presume it works in a similar way to photoshop so... if you want to create a watermarked style copyright then create a layer with your copyright message on (position it somewhere so it cant be croppped out too easily) set it to, say, 50% opacity and save out as a jpeg or whatever you require.

Can be automated using actions (again don't know if elements has this functionality) and done at the press of a key.

4. mr jones

mr jones
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    create a new layer and using the text tool put copyright (c) this is my photo 2005 or whatever, then using the opacity setting blend it into the image and then flatten the image

copyright (in the uk atleast) exists as soon as you take the image, exert your full ownership of the image to those using without concent. although in my expereince, if they are non profit or whatever just ask for credit. however if they are making money.... **** them till they bleed :)

5. Pink Fairy

Pink Fairy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I've got an illustrated 'how to make a copyright brush' section on my site here
    http://www.digiscoped.com/Digiscopingwithphotoshop.html
    I find making a 'brush' as your copyright banner the easiest way.

You can't stop anyone using your images if they really want them... but at least you'll get some credit where-ever they use it (image thieves rarely bother to clone out a banner)

A copyright banner on your work isn't required in any legal dispute these days, the whole world comes under the same copyright rules (U.S. used to be different), the Berne convention on artistic works covers us all very nicely.