Copying V+ -> DVD

HGB

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have a V+ box connected to the HDMI input of a Sony KDL-40V2000 TV. Of course, most channels are not HD, so the V+ sends SD to the TV through the HDMI connector. However, the picture quality seems better than via scart.

I have just bought a Sony RDR-GXD360 DVD recorder, mainly to copy from the V+ hard disc to DVD, which I thought it would be straightforward...

BUT I have spent two frustrating evenings trying to get things to work satisfactorily. One problem seems to be that if the V+ box is set to HDMI output, you cannot copy to DVD via the V+ scart output. Can anyone confirm this?

I have managed to copy a short program to DVD with the V+ set to ordinary widescreen format. However, on playing the DVD it appears to be in 4:3 format...

Any advice or recommendations for connections and settings would be appreciated.

As I understand it you can use the Video SCART output on the V+ box whilst the V+ is in HDMI mode but all other outputs are disabled.

I was told this by the same Virgin engineer that firmly installed fox faeces into my carpet so I take this with half a pinch of salt however.

Good luck with this.

You used to be able to do that but I understand it was disabled in one of the updates

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom