copying utube videos

bluerum66

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I want to be able to copy utube videos on to normal dvd i have them on my hard drive i understand these files are flv and have to be converted, i saw that mozilla firefox could download and convert but it simply does not seem to be working i am looking for free software if theres any out there.

What you want to do (and have done) is illegal; you're breaking copy right law.

It's not strictly illegal, it's a violation of the YouTube Terms and Conditionss, some material that is on the site may be subject to copyright law but not everything on there is...

I'm not going to talk about any software for downloading / ripping videos from YouTube but if you are trying to convert between formats then Super is great for converting:
SUPER &copy

Not true, you need written consent to download videos from youtube them selves.Although the uploader (the person who created/got the video still owns the copy right, Youtube automatically get right to use your video. However, they will do until you remove it. Therefore, you need the uploaders, and Youtubes permision (in writing) to use the video.

http://www.wikisummaries.org/YouTube_Terms_of_Service

Not true, you need written consent to download videos from youtube them selves.Although the uploader (the person who created/got the video still owns the copy right, Youtube automatically get right to use your video. However, they will do until you remove it. Therefore, you need the uploaders, and Youtubes permision (in writing) to use the video.

YouTube Terms of Service Summary at WikiSummaries, free book summaries

There are differences in law and terms of service/terms and conditions. For example if we were to say Terms of Service/Terms and Conditions are to be followed by the rule we would not allow discussion on a lot of subjects including jailbreaking iPhones, how to use routers on ISPs that do not support them and state in T&Cs not to use them etc...

While there may be material on YouTube subject to copyright and some material that is owned by large production companies etc, downloading a YouTube video is essentially no different to watching it as when you watch it, it is downloaded to your computer anyway - okay so it doesn't tell you where to or let you know it's doing this, but it does.

Hi,
For the sake of not getting into arguments with copyright say i want to copy my own utube video that i had uploaded myself from my own camera and i lost the footage and want to get it back onto a dvd. i have tried super but i still cant seem to do it, can someone pm me if they like with the instuctions. thanks

Try Keepvid.com it allows you to download them in a couple of different formats.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom