Copying to DVD

martin15

Standard Member
I have successfully copied programmes from my Virgin V+ box to my Panasonic DVD recorder. However individual programs(e.g. episodes of a soap) on the V+ hard disk when copied to the recorder end up as a continuous recording. What can I do so that the episodes are recorded as separate programmes on the DVD -R disk?

martin15

Standard Member
I thought that would be the only way possible. It does mean that you have to be present to pause the DVD recorder after transferring each episode from the V+ box.. This is most inconvenient.

Broadz

Distinguished Member
I thought that would be the only way possible. It does mean that you have to be present to pause the DVD recorder after transferring each episode from the V+ box.. This is most inconvenient.

How else would you envisage being able to do it? You are sending out a single stream of information in one go - how is the DVDR supposed to know to split this single stream up into lots of separate streams?

One possibility - record your single stream to a DVD-RW or DVD+RW. Finalise the disc, then edit it on a PC splitting the single stream up into multiple chapters, or creating separate entry points for the start of each programme. Burn this back to another disc.

m.stephens

If you are recording all episodes of the same length then just set your DVD recorder chapter marks to be that length (or an exact fraction). I have my DVD recorder set at 10 minute chapters so 3 pushes of the next chapter button gets me to the next episode - or near enough. Otherwise, you need to do as suggested and make a new edited DVD with proper menus etc from the DVD burned by your recorder

Nottman

Whilst it's of no help with your current machine, just thought I'd mention that one of the benefits of a hard disk recorder is that having recorded a continuous stream to the hard disk, you can then give the single recording a name (if a series) split it into individual recordings, add an episode number or date to the already named/now split recordings and then copy the indvidual recordings onto one or several disks. I do it all the time with my Panny EX75(editing out the ads, etc. first).

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom