• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Copying stuck at 98%

yani2k9

Standard Member
Hi there

I've been trying to copy a film (3.5gb) from my USB stick onto my PS3 so I can watch it on the big screen. The problem though is that the process gets stuck at 98%.

I tried it twice and waited for about 1/2 hour but it doesn't move.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

hippo99

Distinguished Member
Does it play properly on your PS3 without copying? ie playing it on your PS3 directly off the USB stick
If it doesn't the file might be corrupt or something.

yani2k9

Standard Member
Spot on! I just tried to play it directly from the memory stick but it doesn't work.

It's probably because I used mkv2vob to make the file size smaller so I can put it on the USB, but obviously that failed.

Any ideas how I can successfully transfer a 4.7GB film from my PC to the PS3? I tried using PS3 media server but it keeps cutting and lags a lot.

Thanks.

THE_FORCE

Banned
As far as I know, you can't transfer files over 4GB via USB to the PS3.

The only option is to transfer/stream it over either a wired or wireless network connection, or break the file down into smaller files under 4GB. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

hippo99

Distinguished Member
Doesn't TXmuxer let you split files (needed for mkv2vob)?
I've never used it before, but I was reading up on how to split/join files the other day (wanted to find out how I'd be able to join the extended LOTR films into 1 file as the Blu-ray's will be split) & I'm pretty sure I read TXmuxer could do it.

tinyy

Standard Member
yani2k9 said:
Hi there

I've been trying to copy a film (3.5gb) from my USB stick onto my PS3 so I can watch it on the big screen. The problem though is that the process gets stuck at 98%.

I tried it twice and waited for about 1/2 hour but it doesn't move.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Try Vuze to convert it to a ps3 format. Download vuze free on your pc/laptop, then when it's converted go to the vuze folder from your ps3 and copy it from there on to your ps3 or watch it directly from there.
Let us know how you get on x

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom