1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying Sky Movies

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by bigboper, Jul 26, 2004.

1. bigboper

bigboper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All, I am new to this AV Lark, so please bear with me. I have Sky Plus, and would like to be able to record the Sky Movies (not the premium channels) on to DVD to watch at my leisure.

If I buy a DVD recorder is this possible? Or are the films encoded?

Also can anyone recommend a DVD recorder that won't break the bank, ie Sub £200, or is this price being unrealistic. Thanks all.

2. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you buy a Pioneer you will have to spend about £250,but this will offer -RW so you will be able to record your movies,watch in another player if you want,then erase and reuse.If you go Panasonic you will be able to do the same as long as your recordings are watched ONLY on the recorder(as RAM is not compatible with other players)or you want to keep the movies in which case you use write once -R which IS compatible.Avoid DVD+ machines as their functionality is PRIMITIVE and their reliability ,and quality are questionable.

3. Kwozzii

Kwozzii

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I copy movies to a Panasonic E85 as I watch them and copy them to dvd if I like 'em no problem.........

Kwozzii