1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying saved games - burnout 3

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by captainH, Nov 16, 2004.

1. captainH

captainH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    Hi, I'm just in the process of trying to copy saved games from one Xbox HDD to another using the dashboard and copying the games to a memory card. I notice that some saves do not give you the option to copy - most notably "burnout 3" - I cannot copy the profiles at all. It seems that within the game I cannot specify the memory card either. How the hell are you supposed to copy these saved games for use on another machine? HELP!!

2. dolph

dolph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Burnout 3 games are coded to only work on the machine they were created I believe.. stops cheating (well sort of)

3. H4r7y

H4r7y

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    there is a way to do it, although it involves you ftp'ing into the xbox, so it has to be a modded xbox.
    theres a program that lets you take all of the saves off the hard drive and lets you put them on other ones.

http://www.xbox-saves.com

4. dolph

dolph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    The saves won't work on another box for Burnout3 - the only way to do this is using a trainer - there's an EvoX trainer that allows you to play other peoples save games on Burnout 3 but it is not as simple with this game as with others to just swap save games with you mates / people online.

5. captainH

captainH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    how bl**dy annoying....I bought a second xbox for my home cinema and I've got to start burnout 3 all over again on that machine!! DOH!!

Thanks for the replies all.

6. johnnyhonk

johnnyhonk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Speaking of saved games... I have 2 xboxes now and would like to transfer only some of my saved games from one to the other. (You see I've got some saved games on xbox1 that I've done better in than on xbox2 and vice versa). So I'd like to be selective in what I transfer to each...

Is there any easy way of identifying which saved game is which on a modded xbox? Or perhaps a utility which will parse them?

7. dolph

dolph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    The downloadable proggy on the link from H4r7y will tell you what each save is - will transfer it to you PC and allow you to transfer it to you other box.

8. johnnyhonk

johnnyhonk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers. Appreciate that. :smashin: