1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying OMG files from HD3 or HD5 to computer

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by vosyem, Jun 25, 2005.

1. vosyem

vosyem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know a way or of a program/crack that lets you transfer music files from the hd3 to the computer. I know you can use sonicstage to transfer files that were originally copied directly from an audio cd onto the unit using sonicstage, but not imported files (those that were already on the computer). I ask this because my cd collection was stollen at uni and would like to back up some files for when I upgrade from sonicstage 2.3 to 3.0 (which wipes the player clean). Basically, does anyone know how to get round sony's copywrite system?

2. vosyem

vosyem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any ideas? Has anyone ever tried to do this because I have no idea!

3. Chox1988

Chox1988
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,278
    When you are copying them back to PC did you want them in Sony's atrac format or did you want them converted back to their original states?

4. vosyem

vosyem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It dony mind which type, just as long as I can get all the songs back off the HD3

5. Chox1988

Chox1988
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,278
    What version of sonicstage are you running and what does it say when you try to copy them back. Worst coming to worst you could just go into my computer and just copy the entire folder of the hdd.