Copying from V+ to DVD

yoclick

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Im currently looking to buy a dvd recorder to backup my recordings from my V+ box. Just got a few questions:

1) How many hours of recording can the V+ box store in SD? Mine is currently 100% full so i wanted to know how many dvd discs i need to set aside.

2) When recording, can i choose which programmes will be recorded using the V+ recording facility? Just the majority of my recordings are a few dramas so i want to keep all the different dramas on seperate discs.

3) When recording to DVD, will there be chapters created everytime it starts to record the next program? Just i dont want to be fast forwording 3hours to get to a particular episode!

Thats all i can think of for now, but im sure il have other questions!
Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

1) 80 hours.

2) Yes

3) Most probably not. My DVD recorder adds chapters every ten minutes by default. What does yours do?

Cheers for reply, havent got a Recorder yet but am searching :smashin:

One more thing, is the output from the scart socket to connect to the recorder; RGB or Composite? If composite, how bad is it compared to if it were RGB? BTW My TV is currently connected via HDMI.

Cheers for reply, havent got a Recorder yet but am searching :smashin:

One more thing, is the output from the scart socket to connect to the recorder; RGB or Composite? If composite, how bad is it compared to if it were RGB? BTW My TV is currently connected via HDMI.

You can record in RGB if you use the TV scart but you need to change the output from HDMI.

I dont think you can watch a cable channel whilst recording if you do this.

Arghh this came about with a recent update didnt it? I heard about it but it didnt affect me at the time so i didnt really pay attention to what happened.

80hours worth of backing up to do! Im not sure if im willing to give up tele for that long but i also dont want a poor quality recording (if your going to spend the time and hassle on it, you might aswell do it properly!) :(

Doesnt this also mean i cannot take advantage of the Copy to DVD function on the V+ box? So i cant for example, choose which programs i want recording and just allow it to play and record? I actually need to sit with it and stop the recording, find the next programme i want recording, play it and then hit record agianr? :eek: I havent got that much spare time!!

Doesnt this also mean i cannot take advantage of the Copy to DVD function on the V+ box? So i cant for example, choose which programs i want recording and just allow it to play and record? I actually need to sit with it and stop the recording, find the next programme i want recording, play it and then hit record agianr? :eek: I havent got that much spare time!!

That's correct if you want to use the RGB Scart.

Personally I think it's a disgrace to offer a record to DVD facility and couple it with a poor recording method.

That's correct if you want to use the RGB Scart.

Personally I think it's a disgrace to offer a record to DVD facility and couple it with a poor recording method.

call me stupid but i dont understand the benefit of the V+ offering a 'copy to dvd' facility ( or sky + for that matter). If the program is backed up in real time, and you have to press record on your dvd recorder to start recording, and stop when the program ends, and you have to watch it while it records, what is the point? seriously am i missing something?

I'm of the "record it, watch it, delete it" school of thought but I've never even come close to overfilling my V+! I just don't see the need for the copy to DVD feature.

Of course, on that wonderful day when almost all I watch is HD that 160GB drive is gonna be nowhere near big enough!

Its actually full of just a few series's. I was shocked when i realised its 80hours worth i've raked up! Bought the recorder, and cant wait for it to arrive because i now realise how usefull that blooming thing is! I never realised i used it so much just for stuff like documentries etc which i want to watch once, but il record incase i forget about them.

However luckily thanks to catch up on demand, i havent missed anything YET! I must say im really happy with thier service, and it seems like im one of a very small minority on this forum who are :rolleyes:

Although the RGB output thing has riled me up a tad :devil:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom