Copying from sky+ to panasonic Hdd dmr ex83

chiyaan

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have bought a new panasonic HDD recorder dmr ex83. I want to copy some of my recordings from sky+ box. I have tried scart to scart connection and tried to copy but it is not working. Panasonic manual is too complex.
any help appreciated

You have to set the Panasonic input to the Scart connection, normally AV1 or AV2.

Play a programme on the Sky receiver - no need to use the Copy option.
Power on the recorder.
Change the TV input to the one used for the recorder.
Set the recorder's input to the one used for the Sky receiver, as S N said.
You should see the programme that you set to play.
If you do see it, press Record.
If not, let us know.

Thanks logiciel. That worked. But the picture quality seems to be slightly different. I will see if I can record it in a different mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
But the picture quality seems to be slightly different.

Only one scart socket on a Sky+ box is RGB enabled (the one marked TV). So, if you have the one marked TV going into the TV, with RGB switched on, and you have the one marked VCR (which is composite only) going into the DVDR, you will notice a difference in pic quality between the TV and the DVDR. Namely, the TV will be better.

That's OK, do use the Sky RGB Scart, and try the different levels of recording quality, XP, SP, and LP, rather than Flexible.

Last edited:
Is there any way I could copy from Sky+ to HDD without actually playing it( i.e. something akin to copying files to an usb ).

I have got programmes about 6 hours long which I need to copy.

Is there any way I could copy from Sky+ to HDD without actually playing it( i.e. something akin to copying files to an usb ).

I have got programmes about 6 hours long which I need to copy.

No.

I'll soon purchase a BD player with HD. If I need to transfer content from the box to the HD, will I need to play back all the recorded content at 1x then...?

Yes.

Yes.

Snap. Now it's your turn Broadz.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom