Copying from S75 - E50

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by rogerdodge, Oct 9, 2003.

1. rogerdodge

rogerdodge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I'm thinking about buying the E50. As Ram disc's are so expensive does anyone know if I can hook up a S75 and copy the ram disc from that back to the E50 onto DVD-R so I don't have to keep stuff on the Ram's if I decide that I want to keep a recording.
    I haven't got a DVD player at the moment so any info and any problems that I might come up against that could be pointed out would be very helpfull. Would the two remotes interfere with each other?
    Thanks very much
    Roger

2. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,046
    You can do that with the S75 or the cheaper S35. It will be done by connecting the scart. However, you lose a bit of quality doing it.

I use my computer to make the DVD-R's from the RAM discs (non cartridge ones). I use the computer so I can do more editing and create menu's etc with TMPGEnc DVD Author.

The DVD player will only work with non cartridge RAM as well. If you are using cartridge RAM , the discs will have to removed from the cartridge.

I don't know about the remotes.

3. narabdela

narabdela

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    They are if you buy them on the High Street, but check out www.7dayshop.com and www.ketta.com for good prices.

4. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,046
    Actually, shop prices are not as high as they used to be. I got some non cartrdige Pansonic RAM for £3.99. It maybe £2 more than 7day, you have to add postage plus waiting time on the 7day price.

I got a single Panasonic double carrtidge RAM for £9.50 I will only use Panasonic media to make sure it is compatible. A year or so ago I remmber there was problems with TDK RAM not work on E30's.

The only silly price was a pack of 5 panasonic DVD-R's for £30 !! I was expecting to see £9.99 max.

5. bowler

bowler
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    If you wish to keep the S75 and a cable box connected to the E50 RGB in, what is the best accessory for this?

6. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,599
  7. Ged

Ged

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    If the cable does RGB loopthru try
    S75 - Cable - E50 -TV
    This way you can record AV2 either cable or S75 RAM

8. Ged

Ged

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    You can also asign the remotes using a code detailed in the instructions.
    The route you intend is the one I did, but I recomend an LG 4040B multiburner for your PC, it is now £114 bundled with great software and you can dub from any format to another with ease, and this comes from a converted computer phob.
    Ged

9. bowler

bowler
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    After copying from DVD RAM can a DVD-R be edited on a PC?

10. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,599
    How do you mean? You can import a DVD-RAM recording to a PC DVD authoring programme, such as TMPG Enc Author (available from http://www.pegasys-inc.com/e_main.html ), where you can edit and add menus/chapters if you so wish and then burn the finished product to DVD-R.

However one of the core benefits of DVD-RAM is it allows you to easily edit on the set-top machine as opposed to the PC. So ideally you edit your recordings there and then import into the DVD authoring programme where you just add custom menus/chapter points and then burn to DVD-R.