1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying from Ram to DVD on E50/E60

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by alim, Sep 22, 2003.

1. alim

alim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On the Panansonic E50/E60 can you record to RAM disk and selectively copy material from the RAM disk on to DVD or does it have to be straight to DVD-R?

Also if you have one NTL cable decoder can you record one cable channel while watching a different cable channel? I think the answer is no but would appreciate confirmation.

Thanks,

Max.

2. wellsi

wellsi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    1:
    NO, as the RAM discs would need to be in the player at the same time as the -R disc. Only way to do that is on the HS2 or E100, with in built hard drive to temporarily store the programme for you.
    Alternatively, get a RAM player (eg mini SL50) and hook that up to make a copy; (although this will be like photocopying a photo copy and introduce a slight loss of quality).

Only one decoder means only one NTL channel, although you could record / watch a terrestrial channel at the same time.

3. alim

alim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks very much for a quick response.

4. wellsi

wellsi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    No problem!

5. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,820
    I have just got a E50 and a LG 4040B burner for the PC. I can transfer RAM recordings to the computer and then create proper DVD's using TMPGEnc DVD Author. The software will even read the RAM disc directly (it is faster to copy the files over to the HD first though).

It will also allow menus. chapters, removal of video etc.

I started making recordings of Enterprsie and Stargate from TV on RAM and once the disce is full will create a DVD.

6. alim

alim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My mate who was asking the question has decided to go for the HS2. He's seen multi-region version for £550.