• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Copying from PVR to DVD

horsebrookhound

Standard Member
Our area is soon due to switch to digital. I intend to purchase a Freeview PVR. I also want to get a DVD recorder. Is it possible to copy recordings from the PVR to the DVD recorder? If yes some advice on how would be great.
I understand that there are PVR/DVD recorder combination units but i believe these are only single tuner.

ramjet

Banned
yes you are right with all you mention

you connect a scart lead from the pvr to the dvd recorder , and press play on the pvr and record on the recorder , just the same as you would with a vcr recorder

the single tuner dvdr units are better if you want to fastdub material from hdd to dvd

Gavtech

Administrator
Our area is soon due to switch to digital. I intend to purchase a Freeview PVR. I also want to get a DVD recorder. Is it possible to copy recordings from the PVR to the DVD recorder? If yes some advice on how would be great.
I understand that there are PVR/DVD recorder combination units but i believe these are only single tuner.

Welcome to the forum.

Yes it is possible and relatively straight forward. Simply a question of scarting them together.

You are correct that DVDR's only have one tuner.

The convention here is that device which includes a DVD recording device is a DVDR.... whether or not they include an HDD.

A PVR is restricted to describing an HDD Video recorder which has no disc facilities.

horsebrookhound

Standard Member
Thanks for the replies ramjet & Gavtech. Feel a bit of plonker, didn't realise the answer was quite as simple as that!
Great forum, hope to raise some far more difficult questions soon.

Geofbob

Prominent Member
One point to watch is that though the PVR may have two Scart outs, only the TV Scart may have an RGB signal, giving a better quality image. In that case, the connections should be from the TV Scart on the PVR to the Scart In on the DVD recorder, and from the Scart Out on the DVD recorder to the TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom