• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Copying Files to Synology

MontyPS3

I have the synology 107+ and have roughly 100GB worth of data to copy unto it. What's the quickest way to do this??

I can't/don't want to use the USB copy because I have different media types to copy into different folders on the synology. So I can only copy via the laptop using virtual drives.
Even tho the drive I'm copying from is connected to the synology, it seems that copying it this way is going through the network rather than direct through usb because if my laptop looses wifi connection, the copy fails.

Please help:confused:

M4TT1982

Standard Member
i have one of these and the best way would be set up the device plugged into your router via cat5 cable, then plug your laptop into the router, dont use wireless as its slow compared to wireless, and for the first time to copy all this across its worth it,get it set up with a static ip, so i never chnages, get all the folders (shown as shares) any permissions etc set up and any other setings that you made need.

then with the device is ready to copy stuff across. just goto my network places and via workgroup computers (make sure both your laptop and the device are in the same workgourp, or if you no the name of device, which you make have changed, type this into the address bar like this: \\fileserver.

and then found the share (folder, ie: pics/movies) and copy across.

I found a sync prog works best if your updating it regular and copies faster as it only copies whats changed or isnt on the device.

hope that helps!

Matt

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom