1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying files to comp - SS 3.2??

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by jjust, Aug 14, 2005.

1. jjust

jjust

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought my HD5, installed SonicStage 3.2 and get the following msg when I plug it into my second laptop

"Cannot transfer copyright protected tracks from another computer

All the tracks must be deleted on the ATRAC device before it can be transferred to this computer. If you authorise the ATRAC audio device, you will also be able to transfer tracks from other authorized computers."

I saw when I first connected it asked me to "authorise the ATRAC device" AND that I needed to be connected to the internet. Kinda scary to say yes isn't it - what does it track what info is on your disk every time you plug in your HD5?????

Secondly - it says transfer track FROM other authorized computers, but not to.

Is there any way around this??

Cheers

2. AlexGarfield

AlexGarfield

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    none that i know of,

you could make two copys of the songs one through ss and one throu drag and drop if you want to transfer songs from your desktop to your laptop.

and i am pritty sure sony dosent track what you put on your player,