Quantcast

Copying dvd's

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chilpillphil3

Whats the best way backing up my dvd's?

I want to back up my simpsons dvd's etc, should i use the pc?

jurass

Standard Member
most flexible solution is using your PC with a DVD burner. to make 1:1 copies you'll need two banks when copying dual layer DVDs. you can also wait for dual layer burners which are just about to come. I hope there won't be any compatibility issues with stand alone players. also dual layer blanks prices may be of concern, especially at the beginning.

Messiah

An alternative is to use something like DVD Decrypter to create an ISO o your hard drive and store them there. Then, when dual layer burners and disc blanks become commonplace (affordable and reliable) you can burn the ISO to a disc.

You could also burn it now on one DVD (reduced quality) or split it across 2 DVD's as stated above.

C

chilpillphil3

It would be interested in ripping to My hard drive, As at the moment i do not have a dvd burner and do not want to get one if Dual layers are comming out soon.

So i am running win-xp, how do i rip them to my hard drive? And how much space will they take up. ( i do have a 160gb hard drive) so not to much worrie there.

thanks for all your help so far.

MarkE19

A dual layer DVD will be around 8 - 9Gb each. Obviously most disks also hold extras (DD2 & DD5.1 & DTS 5.1 sound, other languages, documentries etc) that you might not want to copy to your HDD, so this would save a fair bit of space.

Mark.

lynx

Indeed,this topic is well covered...closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom