1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying DVDs - Decryptor/Dell Power DVD/Nero

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by prologica, Oct 12, 2005.

1. prologica

prologica

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK...so heres the problem...new laptop..first DVD rewriter (DVD+RW 8x)...took advice from this forum and copied sample movie to hard drive using DVD Decryptor...BUF, IFO and VOB files copied to folder named 'Video_TS' plus an empty? 'Audio_TS' folder

Problem 1 - Tried to run file from hard drive but how? VOB files are associated with Power DVD and it opens successfully but the full blue-screened Powerdvd version that shipped with the dell laptop appears only to be able to access movies on the DVD drive, not the hard drive...is an upgrade essential to do this?

Problem 2 - Tried to find a free or shareware DVD burning program to copy the sample movie onto a DVD disk. Tried Nero but every copy I downloaded was demo only and in the process of downloading from alternative sources, Nero has now decided the trial version has expired...even if i unistall it and install again. Can anyone point me at a suitable application to download for free...Nero or otherwise?

In short I want to be able to run movies copied to my hard drive (desirable but not essential). And to create playable backups of my movies onto DVD.

Please help!

Thanks
    D

2. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,841
    Use DVD Shrink to make the DVD's fit on a blank DVD. Choose the ISO image and burn with DVD Decrypter option. Shrink will also accept DVD Decrypted files using its open files option.

A free DVD player is Media Player Classic. It can read actual DVD's and read DVD's of the hard disc. Use File mode in DVD Decrypter to copy the files over.

PowerDVD has a option called Open DVD Files from hard disk. Click on the drive icon opposite the stop button.

3. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Just a note that the empty AUDIO_TS is normal when ripping DVD-Video (ie. movies), AFAIK that's used for DVD-Audio.

4. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,841
    Correct. If a DVD Audio has video or still images then it will have files in both video and audio_ts.

5. prologica

prologica

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys, especially NWG who unlocked this problem for me...OK I've got bloodshot eyes now from lack of sleep but I have successful copies!!! thanks again
    D

6. sceptic

sceptic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Got the same problems.
    So - how did you do it?