Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Copying dvd-r/ram discs using two e55

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Ladislaus, May 19, 2005.

1. Ladislaus

Ladislaus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having recorded a tv/satellite program using a panasonic e55, is it possible to make a copy of it, using another e55 ? If so kindly advice how scart connections are made between the 2 dvd's and the tv. If dvd-r discs are used ,should they be 'finslized' before copying. Are there any other steps that one should take? As a novice your invaluble advice is immensely appreciated.
    Thanks
    Ladislaus

2. ben223

ben223

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try the foll:

1=e55 player
    2=e55 record

so: 1 (av1) to 2 (av2); 2 (av1) to tv. Set input/output on both machines to rgb. As long as you play the dvd-r on the machine that it was recorded on then it doesn't need to be finalised. But for simplicity and no other reason, I would just finalise it (unless you want to add further recordings at a later date)

3. Ladislaus

Ladislaus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice Ben 223.
    Set up as suggested but only the sound comes through but no picture on tv screen. The display on e55(record) shows T3; instead ,as I expected to be AV2. I checked the recording and only the sound is recorded.However when the e55 (record) is switched off, the picture and sound appears.Any further thoughts? Thank you.
    Ladislaus

4. ben223

ben223

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm.. check that all scart plugs are fully engaged in the sockets. It is essential that all scart cables are fully wired too. I have used the same set-up with no probs albeit on an E85 But I wouldn't have thought that would make any difference though.

5. AVmaster

AVmaster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Could also be the signal type which they are set to. Make sure that the players AV1 setting is RGB output and the recorders AV2 setting is RGB-input, otherwise the recorder will not be able to recognise the incoming signal.

6. Ladislaus

Ladislaus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks Ben223 and AV master.
    Grand success after checking connections and retrying.
    Sorry could not access site earlier. :thumbsup:
    Ladislaus.

7. ben223

ben223

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No probs. Glad you're up and running.