Copying Copies from the Telly on RDSX 32

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by knotpc, May 8, 2005.

1. knotpc

knotpc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    In the TOSH manual it states somewhere that recording from VHS machines are normally enhanced when copied onto DVD.My experience has been to agree with this claim. BUT :confused: has anyone else noticed if you copy a program from SKY for example onto a DVD, then put that DVD into another DVD player and record a copy of this DVD using the TOSH onto a blank DVD at the same bitrate as the original copy, the resulting copy has a much better colour/contrast than the original copy! Strange but true! On my machine anyway. :beer:

2. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    Very odd - so you are saying that by recording then recording again (re-encoding, at the same bitrate) it improves the picture? I never have tried this (as I would have expected this to reduce the quality).

Mark

3. knotpc

knotpc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Mark,
    Technically I know this cannot be possible and maybe the original copy when looked at under a (microscope)would be better than the 2nd copy, but if you try you may see what I mean.
    It probably just boosts the colour and contrast in the recording process and degrade itself in other ways. I noticed this when my wife wanted some copies for a friend and the 2nd copy appeared to be better? :beer: