copying BD to Hard drive...

oasisnut

Prominent Member
Reaction score
hi guys,
is there anyway you can copy files from BD titles to the Hard drive to watch later.
i reented mission impossible 3 at the weekend, but i didnt get chance to watch all the extras ( 1 night rental).... is there anyway you can copy files from the BD disc to the hard drive?
also, how can you put things ( like photos, mp3's) into folders?

ta.

I wouldn't have thought you could copy BDs. to copy files (mp3s, pics etc) put them onto a USB stic, memory card or writable cd/dvd and just pop it into the PS3. You may have to press the triangle button to view all of the files when you have selected the media device.

It's not possible to copy content from blu-ray movies to any other storage device or media.

so, for movies, mp3 and pics etc..... if i put them in folders on my PC can i copy them across with folders intact onto the ps3?
is there anyway you can make folders on the ps3?

don't think you can make folders on the ps3, perhaps in the future as part of an update?

so if i make the folders on PC then copy across the folders... they will stay inside the folders?
i just dont want all my photos, movies all over the place

so if i make the folders on PC then copy across the folders... they will stay inside the folders?
i just dont want all my photos, movies all over the place

As robfjonesuk said you cant have folders on the PS3, the files you copy across will just be listed vertically in their sections.

Hi

I did this the other day, I copied all the files from my SD Card and the PS3 automatically put them in folders corresponding to the date the photo was taken.

I also created a Data DVD in Itunes copied this across and the PS3 automatically put them in folders for the specific album even taking over the album artwork. you can then press triangle and have it sorted buy artist genre etc. :thumbsup: Although a few of the albums came up as unknown and it shoved them all in the one folder.

so, if i burn all my 'stuff' to disc in folders... will the ps3 not recognise anything on the disc...or will it just ignore the folders and let me grab the stuff inside them?:confused:

so, if i burn all my 'stuff' to disc in folders... will the ps3 not recognise anything on the disc...or will it just ignore the folders and let me grab the stuff inside them?:confused:

No matter how you burn the data the PS3 will recognise it, whether it will keep the files in their folders isabit hit and miss, music should be sorted into albums with artwork but not sure on photos and videos.

You can copy bluray discs from the ps3 but you will need a PC to decrypt the files. Only if you own the disc in question mind.

There are loads of BD to wmv files floating around the internet

what about games then.... can you copy ps3 games onto the ps3?

There are loads of BD to wmv files floating around the internet

There are loads of direct blu-ray rips also...:smashin:

It can probably be done using Linux and ripping it that way, but there is no way it can be done using the XMB.:)

So does copying CDs but the XMB allows that.

I can imagine some games allowing copying to hard disk to improve loading times.. none do at the moment AFAIK.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom