Copy recorded sky+ and sky + hd off to remot hdd?

dspit1664

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I all is it possible to save off recorded sky programmes off to local USB hdd or remote network drive or NAS. We regularly have to delete recorded content as we run out of space ?

Thanks for feedback

You can't attach and use external storage to the HD box. Not yet, at least.
It must be on the list of developments or at least thoughts somewhere along the line

Sorry should have made my q a little clearer.
I meant - if I wanted to could I copy off stuff I have recorded on sky off to another media thus 1. Letting me watch it else where and 2. Freeing up space on my smallish or do it seems :) sky hdd as we are regularly having to delete unwatched content or miss other stuff we would like to record (what with having young kids time is a premium and we don't always get time to watch all we recorded)

Thanks

Simple solution is to connect a DVD recorder.

Otherwise (only for recordings of free channels) you have to open the box, remove the hard drive and connect to a PC. For Sky+ you can use +Extract for HD there's a program called ExPVR.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that the best solution is either to get a new, bigger, box ... or upgrade the HDD to larger one.

It may require a bit more up-front effort ... but it will be much easier in the long run with no need to juggle recording media.

Regards

Well when prices come down I just might have a play. Thanks all

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom