1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copy protected & pre-ripped for PC?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Scapegoat, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Scapegoat

Scapegoat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    I have just encountered my first CD (out of about 350) that states it is "Copy protected & pre-ripped for PC". The albumn is "The Chronicles of Life and Death by Good Charlotte".

Not being particularly IT literate - I have rather liked the idiot proof nature of iTunes. However when I did the usual of sticking the CD in and clicking import the sound file does not work and will not play.

Having read the 'read me' file on the CD it states:

How do I put these tracks on me iPod?

The software of this device is only compatable with portable devices that support the current version of OpenMagicGate....

I only have iTunes. Is there a way I get get Open-whatsitcalled and then get this album onto the iPod? It also says:

if you are running the following software you will need to upgrade in order to use MUSIC Player:

OpenMg jukebox Version 2.2
    SonicStage Version 1.0.06

and you can download the latest verion of this from openmg.com/Music Player

I went here and now have a copy of Music Player, but am not really sure what I should do next?

Help - in layman terms - please?

Thanks.

2. dolph

dolph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Welcome to the stupid world that is Sony Music -

"The software of this device is only compatable with portable devices that support the current version of OpenMagicGate.... "

that bit suggests it shouldn't be possible.

I'm sure there are ways around it - a read of this post might help to start you on your way... http://club.cdfreaks.com/lite/t-46159.html