1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copy prohibited programs

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by frankzillia, Jun 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frankzillia

frankzillia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Everyone,

I need some assistance. I bought a Emerson DVD recorder model number EWR10D4.

I would like to back up by hard to find DVD movies, but I get a Recording error message (You cannot record copy prohibited programs).

Is there any way to by past this feature? Any assistances will be grateful. :lease:

2. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    I doubt very much that you will get much help on how to copy copyrighted material on an open forum. :rolleyes: As far as I am aware there are no stand alone DVD Recorders that will allow cloning of copyright DVD's. Most people use a PC and various software.

S.

3. frankzillia

frankzillia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought so, but I need to ask. Someone out there must know. The Radio Shack store manager by my house knows how, but he will only tell me if I buy a new Recorder unit from his store..... what a nice guy.

4. llanellijack

llanellijack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    there are various scarts that remove Macrovision but you didnt here that from me :D Do a search in Google for some ;)

5. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Touchy subject i'm afraid and one which I think would be best solved by a "google" :)

The problem you are having is related to the Macrovision protection that is used to prevent copyright infringement.

Hope you don't mind me closing this thread - i'm sure you can understand the reasons for it :)

K.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.