1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copy Prohibited cannot record

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by nika, Oct 19, 2004.

1. nika

nika

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Only just got a JVC DR-M10 dvd recorder and decided to copy some old vhs movies on to dvd. Copy Prohibited cannot record came up to my annoyance same with other dvds. Can I purchase a Sima CT - 1 in the UK anywhere as this apparently is an inline enhancer which removes the macrovision signal. I am hoping this would be a solution.

2. nika

nika

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tabatha, I've just checked out your link and that seems to be the solution for me

Thanks for that

3. tabatha

tabatha
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just read a link from someone who was suspended from the forum for giving the same information I gave you - I also see my reply has been deleted!

Some people seem to think these devices are illegal.

If I did not have one of these devices, I would not be able to record any freeview programmes as for some reason my Freeview receiver flags every programme as copy protected/inhibited. The model is a Humax F2-1001T. I will have to be more careful about replies in future!

There are legitimate uses for such devices. My experience proves it!

4. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Humax is well known for this fault,but as Freeview does not carry Macrovision at all,its odd that it gets triggered.I had this exact problem with Sky+ earlier in the year.

5. tabatha

tabatha
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How very brave to mention the name! - It's getting silly when we can't help each other. We will end up with lots of questions with all the answers being sent as private mail messages and a forum that isn't worth reading because everyone is too cautious being "politically correct". The next thing you know we won't be able to give personal views on machines in case it is considered libel. Forums like this are an invaluable source of information as shops/dealers rarely know all the intricacies of the machines they sell. Even the manuals and tech. specs are sometimes misleading or do not answer a specific question. The real world experience of other users who experience the joys and/or horrors of these complex, versatile, hi-tech devices is much appreciated. Like you and regulars, I try to help as honestly as I can where I feel I have something to contribute.

Let's hope free speech, within the law, can continue in these forums.

6. alicat

alicat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting thing I've read in the manual for the Tosh (or Pioneer) that suggests noise may be mistaken for a Macrovision signal resulting in a none recording.