Copy Foxsat-HDR recordings to USB drive?

*r2d2*

Standard Member
Hello,

I have a few recordings on my Foxsat-HDR (films from BBC HD and Film4) that I would like to copy to a USB stick/drive and play on another TV. Is that possible?
If so, how should I proceed?

Alternatively, can the Foxsat-HDR playback recordings without being connected to the satellite cables?

Thanks,

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
You can copy recordings to USB and replay from there but HD recordings are encrypted and will only play back on the hdr that recorded them. No problems with the film 4 recordings though.

Yes the box will play back recordings without the lnb connections.

If you want to still copy the Film4 to usb post again for instructions.

*r2d2*

Standard Member
Thanks Graeme.
Is it just BBC HD/BBC HD1 that are encrypted?
I wouldn't mind a guide for copying to a USB stick (what's the average size of a HD film of 2 hours?).
:smashin:

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Thanks Graeme.
Is it just BBC HD/BBC HD1 that are encrypted?
I wouldn't mind a guide for copying to a USB stick (what's the average size of a HD film of 2 hours?).
:smashin:

The hdr can be very picky about usb sticks (some just don't work)

All HD channels are encrypted if recorded in Freesat mode. A 2hr HD film will be about 9GB or so. To copy HD to USB you need a drive formatted EXT3. The normal FAT32 file system has a maximum file size of 4GB.

Basic procedure, connect usb device and you should see an on screen message confirming connection.

Press Media, then OPT +. Choose File Manager.

You should see the usb drive icon in the right hand pane. Cursor right to the icon and click OK to open the drive to it's root folder (repeat if you have subfolders until you have the destination folder open).

Cursor left and locate a file. The green copy button should now be active.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom