Copy CD (rip audio) doesn't work

R

rcolbeck

I have just rebuilt my MCE (had to do a repair on the MCE O/S) and a few things are not quite working as they were before. Although it used to work, I've noticed that when I go to copy an audio CD (rip music), I get asked whether I wish to copy the CD to my media library but then after I say Yes, it just doesn't do anything - no more spinning disk. However, I can still rip the CD if I do it in WMP.

I don't think this has anything to do with copy protection on the CD, as it doesn't work with any CD, whereas it works fine in WMP.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix this? I don't see any options to set up CD ripping in MCE (although maybe there were some options when I first installed and used a year ago.), so that I can reset things.

Thanks, ..Roger

R

rcolbeck

As I said in my post, WMP works just fine for ripping. I just hit the rip music button and it works, and in fact if I go back into MCE I see the spinning disc thing.

The problem is that I can't initiate the process via MCE "Copy CD" which used to work just fine. I've checked the settings in WMP for ripping.

..Roger

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom