Copy cat DIY power block information

DoktorAvalanche

Where does Russ Andrews & Black Rhodium get the enclosure boxes they each use for their power blocks?

The Russ Andrews PowerBlock just looks like an enclosure from a laboratory with the usual MK un-switched sockets.
The Black Rhodium Power Management one has an inter-locking double F logo on the end plates.

Only ask as I am interested in sourcing the raw materials to construct my own at a cheaper rate!
Knowing Mr Andrews mark up rate, I would think there must be cheaper options.
I have seen the power block spec using MK Pinnacle trunking listed elsewhere in this forum. After costing that out, it comes in a bit pricey.

I do know that Merlin use Brennenstuhl trailing block for their Black Widow mains block. The block is really nice quality each socket is shuttered. The power switch was illuminated –it is a bit of a fiddle but the bulb can be removed.

C

c_fletcher

Have you tried Maplins or a local Electrical Wholesaler? I bought all the makings for a screened power cable today, MK Toughplug - IEC320 female - 1metre screened cable and heatshrink,for £3.50. Mr Andrews charges £7.00 for an MK plug that retails for~£2.00 but it is called a "reference" plug, yeah right

DoktorAvalanche

Cheers for the reply, I have the power cables down to a tee!
It's a power block I want to make, have modified a brennenstuhl trailing block -I'm very happy with, but would like to try something more substantial.

I am presuming that Russ Andrews & Black Rhodium do buy in these enclosures, so someone must know who makes them?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom