Copy android to android problem.

Dave911

My mate has a Sony Xperia android phone which is still working, however the screen has failed. He has bought a new Samsung and I am trying to copy the old phone to the new (contacts, texts, photos etc). I have swapped sim and there are no contacts etc held on it. Is there any way I can copy this device to the new one without the use of a screen as all the apps out there appear to need you to go into the settings of the donor p[hone. There is no cloud backup so I am stuck with the the phone and that's it.

Hope someone can help, oh and free would be a big bonus!!!

If he used Google/Gmail etc the contacts will be saved on his Google account and will be on the new phone when he signs in.

Dave911

If he used Google/Gmail etc the contacts will be saved on his Google account and will be on the new phone when he signs in.
Sorry, no, he is a total technophobe, no backup accounts to rely on, but thanks.

rustybin

Distinguished Member
Wouldn't he have needed a Google Account to access the app store? It could / should have saved a lot of settings to the cloud depending on settings.

It's worth them just starting the phone and putting in their existing Google email and password and see what happens. There should be a restore option during set up.

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
If you plug it into a laptop, you may be able to see the folders with pictures, but that will be about all. In most cases you will need to authorise connection to the phone by tapping on the screen.

If any sd card was inserted, this may also contain photos etc.

As others have said, most email providers are cloud or Internet based, so logging into the account with a new device should restore the emails. Text messages are harder to recover without access to the phone.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom