1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copped out on my search for the best and ....

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ROne, Dec 29, 2000.

1. ROne

ROne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I've got to admit I copped out - i made a stink about a few days a go, about the pursuit of quality after seeing a seleco HT200 which was incredibly dissapointing for £ 6000 and left me thinking I'm going to have to spend a fortune here to get what I want.
    Over christmas I thought about it all the time, staring into the void of turkey bones .... "I want a projector ...." By boxing day I made my mind up I was going to risk it, all the debate about projectors left me risk averse so I thought about the Mt1 - "Can't be that bad can it?" But I'll regret it if I don't get the ellie...

I made my mind up, panicked and found a local dealer (100 miles away, bolton sound & vision) and they offered a good price , less than £ 2400. After reading what people were saying I came to the conclusion (Wrongly or rightly) than the tosh couldn't be that much worse than the sony.

I got it home unwrapped it and set it up crudely, I've got to admit as someone who feels let down by consumer stuff (mountain bikes etc), it blew me away.

The colours were brilliant, not leaking from there boundaries, the contrast is damn good unless in a low light scene where it is a tad hazy but most of all it was cinematic and I only had it on a flat wall.

I took it upto a mates and while they were eating i set it up, later one by one they wandered in to see what I was doing, they left their desserts.

Got to admit well pleased and if it gets better than this than I am even more satisfied. No dead pixels, no problems.

Regards, ROne

[This message has been edited by ROne (edited 29-12-2000).]

2. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,408
    The most important thing at the end of the days is that you are happy.
    Glad to hear that you have achieved this difficult goal.

3. Jesus H

Jesus H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ahhhhhh