COP LAND - New German Bluray Release - any better / different?

MJeeves7

Established Member
Reaction score
COP LAND - New German Bluray Release - any better / different?

Apparently has BOTH cuts in the same package?
Same disc?
PQ and AQ and extras compared to previous releases?
Any info at all really?

Hi

It’s definitely got both cuts on it, and the same extras I think. DVD compare will have the full run down. I have to say I always far preferred the theatrical ending of this one. Great thriller!

Hi

It’s definitely got both cuts on it, and the same extras I think. DVD compare will have the full run down. I have to say I always far preferred the theatrical ending of this one. Great thriller!
Thanks. Yes, I feel it is VERY underrated.

What a film. U.K. blu is fine tbh

I think the newest German release is the same as the February 2021 UK release ie it's the director's cut.

This old German release had 2 versions:
s-l1600(2).jpg

I've only seen the DC AFAIK.

Damn fine thriller and maybe Stallone's best acting.

This has both versions too:
s-l1600(3).jpg

Yeah, the German Paramount October 2021 release has both cuts on a BD50 apparently and all the old StudioCanal, Koch Media versions had BD50s or 2 discs and had the DC and theatrical.

Nothing definitive on the UK Paramount release (February 2021) (I think the old Lionsgate and StudioCanal versions just had the DC).

Yeah, the German Paramount October 2021 release has both cuts on a BD50 apparently and all the old StudioCanal, Koch Media versions had BD50s or 2 discs and had the DC and theatrical.

Nothing definitive on the UK Paramount release (February 2021) (I think the old Lionsgate and StudioCanal versions just had the DC).
Thanks. I now own the new German release of 'COP LAND' and can confirm it has all the extras (with removable subtitles) and BOTH versions of the movie on the same disc. PQ and AQ seemed decent from my brief looks. Will watch over the weekend.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom