• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

cooling? is it going to be good enough?

Akcron

Established Member
Hi Folks just setting up new pc E8500, 9600gt, 4gig ram, 800w power supply, all running stock no overclocking. Im going to have a 120mm exhaust fan at the back of the case , a120mm fan at the front pushing air in and a 80mm on the side pushing air in, also got an artic freezer 7 pro, to put in, do u think this will be enough to keep the system nice and cool? or should i have the exhaust blowing inwards aswell?
any advice would be welcome. thx :thumbsup:

Miss Chief

Distinguished Member
That should be Ok as long as you put the heatsink for the CPu pointing towards the exhaust fan on the back of the case.

Akcron

Established Member
Thx for the reply Skytech, ive just seen a cooler that everyone says is great a zalman 9700 if it fits my board ok i might get that instead, even though its twice the price of the Arctic. Thx for the reply again :thumbsup:

a5h86

Standard Member
Since everything is running at stock speeds, 1 exhaust fan is fine, putting in an extra intake fan will just make more noise

Repton

Established Member
I only have 1 exhaust fan in my Lian Li case and that is all I need, even overclocked. It is also important to reduce clutter inside the case to assist air flow.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom