Cooling Fans

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by ...amcc...., Jan 19, 2008.

1. ...amcc....

...amcc....

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Evening everyone:hiya:

i have returned to this forum after the invaluable help i received when i purchased my plasma 4 years ago.

the question i have is this. i have 42" Hitachi, 4 years old (cost a small fortune compared to todays prices) which has internal cooling fan(s). Now over the years these fans are getting louder. Is there a company that supplies replacement (quieter) fans? Is this possible, is it worth doing or should i replace?

cheers

2. thunder1234

thunder1234

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Sometimes a build up of dust can make fans sound louder I have had this on pc,s:hiya:

3. chambeaj

chambeaj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +190
  4. Scrutinizer

Scrutinizer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +175
    Do you mean to open your plasma yourself or do you want a firm to do it for you? As was mentioned above, maybe your fans just need to be cleaned? When they gather dust they can become noisier. Also they may just need a (=one) drop of (sewing machine?) oil, although that may or may not be permanent fix.
    If that does not help they will need to be replaced. You need to know what you are doing and it may involve a bit of soldering and heat-shrink tubing. Papst fans are top quality and relatively quiet.

S.

5. ...amcc....

...amcc....

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    many thanks everyone, will try a good clean, then a drop of sewing machine oil, if that dosen't improve then i will have a look at replacing the fan(s).....