1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CoolerMaster FanTrays/controllers

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by stevedster, Mar 21, 2005.

1. stevedster

stevedster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Anyone got one of these cool looking thing inserted in their PC? Am thinking of getting one you see.

2. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
    I haven't the coolermaster but mine was a cheapie from Ebuyer. At first I thought I wouldn't use it but the summer of 03 was hot and mine runs 4 fans at the front in front of 2 SATA 120 maxtors, known to get hot.

With the 4 fans on low it's hardly noticeable and for most of the year it's left alone, but in that summer my PC started crashing and was getting hot, turning all 4 to full stopped it and apart from the increased noise never crashed anymore.

The only thing to note is to make sure you have a decent power supply as the extra fans can cause trouble even though they say they use little power, and buy silent ones, I didn't!

3. stlic

stlic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I've got a coolermaster unit and it works great exept for the fact that it is too bright. The LED does not dim and is always on on my unit so not very useful in a dark room. Maybe you like bright things but needless to say mine is no longer in my PC.

4. stevedster

stevedster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    well I got mine today, , plumped for the Coolermaster AeroGate II...

Wired all the sensors and fans up and it it an amazing little space filler for the front of my pc, looks good(the backlit blue lcd is cool also the changing colour of the dial, subtle, but very cool looking)and does a good job, so highly recommended :clap: better than a blanking plate anyday :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/coolermaster_aerogate_2p2.php