Coolermaster case recommendation...

adonis77

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi guys

i have a pc which gets very hot, even now its at 54oC only been on for an hour for some browsing. it has a fan installed with a speed of 3800rpm but doesn't make much difference. I was thinking if it was possible to get a empty collermaster case and put everything in there and add some more fans if i had too.

i don't know what make of case i have right now...do you think this would help? i could install another fan but not if the only difference is gonna be a couple of degrees...

spec:

AMD Athlon(tm) 7750 Dual-Core Processor, 2700 MHz
4gb ram
Asrock k10n78fullhd-hsli motherboard
GeForce 8200 chipset

thanks

Do you mean the CPU temperature or case temperature?

If it's the cpu temperature you could get a new Heat sink/fan

Even with the £82 Antec 900 you only get about a 8 deg decrease.

my cpu temp. i only play one game football manager 10 and it goes upto 60, in this winter...god knows what it will be when the summer comes.

i was thinking of a fan but only if it decreses it highly

my cpu temp. i only play one game football manager 10 and it goes upto 60, in this winter...god knows what it will be when the summer comes.

i was thinking of a fan but only if it decreses it highly

Your CPU can cope with 80+ but if you are worried you could spend a bit and buy this.

il look into that fan..how much will the temp decrease by using this?

i have been told 60 is the limit....obviously i dont wanna take risks and blow it up...lol..cheers

il look into that fan..how much will the temp decrease by using this?

i have been told 60 is the limit....obviously i dont wanna take risks and blow it up...lol..cheers

You wont blow it up lol...people overclock them to stupid temperatures all day long. and have no problems.

If you really are worried i would advise you getting that cooler tho. with that i got my Intel @2.2 to run @3.0 without going over 60 deg load.

yeh think i will go for that fan hopefully take the temp down by about 10....thanks again

maby getting the coolermaster 922 Hef and/or the croshair H50 Cpu cooler.

You wont blow it up lol...people overclock them to stupid temperatures all day long. and have no problems.

If you really are worried i would advise you getting that cooler tho. with that i got my Intel @2.2 to run @3.0 without going over 60 deg load.

i have ordered that should receive it on monday. is it easy to install? just a case of unclipping/inscrewing the old and replacing it with this?
i think the one i have presently is just a average factory installed one...

Henrik-t said " maby getting the coolermaster 922 Hef and/or the croshair H50 Cpu cooler."

He's on the right lines I M H O .

A friend of mine has just bought the Coolermaster HAF 922 case. Using a Coolermaster V8 cpu cooler, his system under load is just touching 10°.

Now that IS COOL ! :smashin:

Susan

bit out of my price range at this moment.....will keep it in mind...

Adonis.

Please don't take this wrongly ! But are you fans working correctly ? Drawing hot air out of your system !
Have known experience computer buffs put the fans in the wrong way around ! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

My machine is running at 19° and I consider that to be about right.

You could always fit a fan to the underneath of your case and build it up on something like cotton reels to give extra circulation.

Alternatively, if you unit is clean and dustless inside, using a hair dryer ON COLD blow air into the unit for a few minutes and see if. the temperature drops. :smashin: If it stays the same then that is one of those things. But if it drops by 10 or so degrees, then it shows that your fans are not as effecient as they should be !

Susan.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom