1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coolermaster 601 case. Black or Silver?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Messiah, Jan 15, 2003.

1. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    I'm looking at getting one of these Coolermaster 601 cases but cannot decide on black or silver. I have a selection of both black and silver/gold AV gear in the racks so anyone seen either or have any preferences.

I think black is timeless but silver looks very smart - but for how long?

Thanks

2. Pack Dude

Pack Dude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    Hi
    I have this case in black and I am very happy with it. The first thing I noticed is how shiny the case is and it has a brownish tint to the color. I think I would have been just as happy with the silver one.

It’s an extremely well made case and very light. The only real downsides to the case are the fact that it only takes M-ATX motherboards, there is not much space in it, and the fan that comes with it is a bit loud.

BTW i got mine from http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?action=info&p=27175&t=186&l=1&AvdID=1&CatID=13&GrpID=999&s=pl

3. sounddog

sounddog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +450
    I've just worked out what they remind me of ... does anyone else remember Acorn's RiscPC design ...

Victoria

4. John Martin

John Martin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Barton Under Needwood, Burton On Trent, United Kin
    Ratings:
    +40
    Yup. Used to have one. Only gave it up because of lack of decent software to do some of the things I needed to do. Still miss its ease of use, startup speed and reliability (very rarely crashed/froze - unlike every Windoze PC I have ever owned)

Did you know you can get a RiscPC emulator for the PC (I recommend the one from VirtualAcorn), and that Castle still make RiscPC based computers?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009