• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Coolermaster 590

M

Miller

I've just bought a Coolermaster 590 chassis, which was described as having 120mm roof vents. I bought some akasa 120mm dust filters, but when I came to fit them I've found that the vents are actually 140mm.

Does anyone know of any retailer who supply 140mm filters. I've done some searching on the web, but can't find any.

Repton

How about cutting some thin foam material to size? I've used the foam that came with my motherboard packaging and cut it to the size I wanted and it is great at letting air in.

overkill

Distinguished Member
I wouldn't advise using the Akasa, or any other foam filters period. They cut down the air flow from the fan dramatically. Have a hunt round for the metal type mesh filters. These reduce the air flow, but to nowhere near as great a degree as the foam type.

They are also easier to clean. Just open the case and brush em' out.

I doubt you'll find a 140mm one though - of either kind.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom