Cooler Master 840 ATCS users

Drach

Standard Member
I'm wondering how any of you that might be either using this case, or have built in it in the past found the cable management?

I couldn't really find any decent pictures of the insides of the case built as it doesnt come with a window as standard (I'd be adding my own).

Really wanting a good Aluminium or steel case that will support up to E-ATX motherboards and the latest graphics cards (E-ATX for future proofing, not really sure I need this though).

Price isn't really issue (within reason) as I'm going for a case that will last me a few years at least.
Would like a window but not important as can cut my own (same goes for coloured interior as I can powder coat it).

Edit: As for cooling, would like one that has decent air cooling. Might try out water-cooling down the road, but the air-cooling at least for now is a must.

Drach

Standard Member
I haven't had any experience of this case (mine's an Antec P183) but I suggest checking out the Bit-tech review of it (it got 10/10)

bit-tech.net | Review - Cooler Master ATCS 840

If you look at pages 2 & 3 they have pictures of the inside, including the slide-out motherboard tray.

Thanks for that.
Still no picture with all the stuff installed and the cables connected up but still alot better than what I'd found myself.

Love the look of this case (just wish it came with a window and black internals as standard) and so tempted to pick one up. I've been hummings and harrring about which case to get for a while now since various features that interest me can be found spread accross several cases but never all in the same one it seems!

Quite liking the look of the current Tooless Implimentation Lian Li is using (and with Lian Li always cracking quality) but really dislike the look of the two full towers they've currently released with them (plus by all accounts the air cooling isn't that grand in them).

Pbryanw

Drach

Standard Member
How about this pic from the review?

http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2008/10/cooler-master-atcs-840-classic-review/17.jpg

I have to say I was tempted by this case as well (I think it looks great) but was put off by the price tag. If money was no object though, I'd probably have gone for it.

Whoops sorry, I meant no picture with the system connected up in a way that looks like they actually tried very hard to tidy it up (or perhaps I'm just a little too picky with my cabling!). I mean, without a doubt that case really needs another cable hole cut on the MB tray for the sata cables! :thumbsup:

Think I might have just found the case that fits my needs (about three hours after posting this actually)... looks cracking but not released until March (thankfully im patient, overly so, its why I end up doing all this research).

Lian Li Industrial Co., Ltd.

Looks as though it is basically a full-tower version of the PC-P50, complete with all the new lianli tooless features, which is the first tooless system I actually rate having used the P50! So while that's not "needed" it's certainly pushing things in favour of this case for the time being.

Only things I'd really want to do with it would be powder coat the internals and add a window (I likely wouldn't use the GFX card support bar).
Of course, would be nice to find out LianLi already planned a version like the PC-P50WB with that already done for me! :D

Pbryanw

Think I might have just found the case that fits my needs (about three hours after posting this actually)... looks cracking but not released until March (thankfully im patient, overly so, its why I end up doing all this research).
Yep, looks a really nice case but, being Lian Li, I bet it comes with an appropriately high price-tag. Also like the tool-less design. Would like to see how that works out in practice, as I've never used a completely tool-less case.

You'll have to report back in March (or whenever the case is released) as I wouldn't mind seeing it turned into a working PC (and with a case like that, I'm sure you'll be using top-class components in it too).

Drach

Standard Member
That's the plan!

Though I'll likely (initially) be loading it up with my Q9550, as I'm going to be waiting for the Asus Rampage III before I switch to a i7 setup, it's currently slated for a march release itself but I get the feeling it might be held back some.

From what I've read the tooless setup LianLi have introduced is second to none. It'll be nice not messing around with screws on the GFX cards (probably one of my biggest pet peeves on my current case) but it all does look nice!

As for cost, this really doesnt bother me so long as what im getting is quality. This Akasa Eclipse 62 cost a fair penny when it first released but I've been using it from then until basically when I get this new case. So long as I get the same miles out of the Lian Li I'll consider it money well spent!
As they say, you get what you pay for :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom